Monday, August 2, 2010

Beautiful Preslee

I know i haven't updated my blog in a long time and am really going to do that soon. So much has happened in the past few months but first I feel that i need to share this amazing story. I have never met Patrick or Ashley but have followed their blog from time to time through one of my friends. What an incredible family. They have been through such heartache and such a difficult time in the last few weeks.

I know this is pretty personal and i really don't share to many feeling like this on my blog but i feel like it is something i need to get out. I wish i could write and tell you that i have always been completely sure about what i believe and that i have never felt lost or questioned anything about the church but i can't. It is something that i have stuggled with from time to time. At times i feel like nothing can break what i believe and other times i feel so lost and vulnerable. As i have been reading Patrick and Ashleys blog the past little while it has strengthened me in more ways then i can ever express. I KNOW without a doubt that families can be together forever and that there is life after death. What an amazing gift we have been given. How truly special that we can be sealed to our families in the temple. I know they will be with their beautiful little Preslee again. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your story. As i have been reading i have hugged and kissed my baby so much more and at the end of the day when i feel i can't go on i remember what an amazing gift i have been given to be a mother and to get to share those moments with my little boy. I think motherhood is the most sacred calling and gift from our Heavenly father. He puts so much trust in our hands to teach these little ones and raise them. I took this quote from Ashley and Patricks blog i LOVE it!

Elder Neal A. Maxwell rightly said: “The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”

Thank you again for sharing your experience with me. I feel like it is something i needed in my life and something i will never forget. I know Preslee is in our Father in heavens arms right now and that she will be your special little angel until you can be with her again.

Please i ask anyone who reads this to please keep this special family in your prayers. Here is the link to their blog

http://www.patrickandashley.blogspot.com/

Preslee's Song

2 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

Thank you for your thoughts and posting this, Cass. I appreciated your comment. You are such a sweetheart, and I am so glad you were able to read the Sullenger's story. I love and miss you all!

the larsons said...

Wow... I never check blogs anymore..then decided to check yours. I just spent the last hour crying! What a beautiful blog and such an inspiring little family. Thank you for sharing!! Love you lots:)